Showing results within 15 miles of zipcode 08825
Search by town:
Search Business Name (4 characters minimum):
The Black Bass Hotel, built in the 1740s, has quite a few memorable spirits. HANS. In the early 1800s, a group of immigrant workers arrived to build the Delaware Canal. Hans, who owned the hotel at the time, got into a dispute with one of the canal workers,
which resulted in his being stabbed to death. The barstool on which he was sitting is still in the main tavern. Some have reported seeing a pool of blood on the tavern floor and others have seen him lurking near the spot where he was murdered. CANAL WORKERS. The men who died while working on the canal were placed in a small makeshift morgue off of the main tavern. Their bodies were stored there until a boat made its way down the Delaware to retrieve them. Over the years, this room has been known to have unexplained, rapid drops in temperature. Some have also reported hearing strange sobbing sounds emanating from the area and have experience feelings of being watched. WOMAN IN WHITE. Another famous ghost is a woman dressed in white who has been seen both wandering the halls of the Hotel and sitting in a guest room with a pearl handled revolver in her lap. According to legend, she found her husband and his mistress in one of the guest rooms. Distraught, she killed them and then turned the gun on herself. Guests who have seen her report that her presence is precipitated by the smell of lavender; some also experienced being overcome with sadness.
Bucksville House Bed and Breakfast
Several ghosts have been spotted in this 1795 building, including a woman in white, a black-hatted tall man, and a mischievous child.
76 Riegelsville Warren Glen Rd, Pohatcong, NJ 08865 (map it)
The ghost of an unknown dark-hooded woman has reportedly been seen numerous times passing by a kitchen window toward the back door, then disappearing.
A female former owner of the inn has been seen all over the house, including the second floor hallway, and sitting in a rocking chair on the second floor. She sometimes wears a high-necked, white blouse, black skirt, and sturdy, leather boots, and has
her hair pinned on top of her head. She has a habit of brushing past people who are standing on the stairs; when she does this, people feel a cool mass that pushes them gently to one side.
76 Main Street, Flemington, NJ 08822 (map it)
This historic hotel was built in 1814 and closed down in 2008 because it was feared the building was in danger of collapse. There have been reports of poltergeist activity and the ghosts of small children.
Red Mill Museum Village
At least eight ghosts have been reported at the Logan Inn. Many of the sightings have occurred in Room Number 6 or Emily's room, including seeing a man or two children in the bathroom mirror; feeling a pressure on the chest in the middle of the night;
seeing a white misty shape moving in the room; hearing crying; having pillows pulled from beneath guests' heads. In the lobby, a picture of a couple has been known to give off a lavender scent. Ghosts of soldiers have been seen near the steps of the men's room, hallways, guest rooms and cellar. Finally, a ghost of a little girl who fell off a nearby bridge and drowned has been seen in the parking lot.
The New Hope Arts Center used to be the home of the S. J. Gerenser Theater; the foundation of the building dates back to before the Revolutionary War. When S.J. Gerenser owned the theater building, he reported that there were spirit entities in the building.
These ghosts would take objects and after a long time the objects were often found in unusual locations. These spirits have been responsible for lights turning on and off at will, doors opening and closing by themselves, and unexplained footsteps. One ghost, dubbed, The Tripping Ghost, would push, pull, or hold onto the ankles of people who were climbing a ladder, sometimes causing them to fall.
Colonel Buckley and Mr. Black haunt this inn. Look for the light from the Colonels lantern bobbing through the halls.
Follow a lantern-led "walk" along picturesque streets where you'll learn about the doings of such places as the towpath itself; or see the phantom Hitchhiker who may pass you in the moonlight; or see the historic inn where Aaron Burr appears from time
to time and stares with sightless eyes... plus new exciting stories have been added to the Tour. Our tours were founded and designed by Author Adi-Kent Thomas Jeffrey, who penned "Ghosts in the Valley", "More Ghosts in the Valley" and "Haunted Village and Valley". Tours meet weekly at Main and Ferry Streets in New Hope, PA from June through the third weekend in November; tours meet every Saturday night. During September and October only, tours meet every Friday and Saturday night, including Halloween night, October 31st. ALL PUBLIC TOURS BEGIN PROMPTLY AT 8 p.m. AND ARE $10.00 PER PERSON. No reservations are required for our public tours which run rain or shine. Tour guests are advised to wear sensible walking shoes and should be careful of the area's uneven paving. In Autumn, guests may want to bring a flashlight.
The Aaron Burr House Bed and Breakfast takes its name from the third Vice President of the United States. After Aaron Burr's infamous and fatal pistol duel with Alexander Hamilton in 1804, Burr escaped to New Hope for safe haven. The inn's stone foundation
is all that remains of the pre-Revolutionary War era home where Burr is said to have hid for over a week. Aaron Burr likes to visit the inn - his apparition has been seen walking up the staircase and through the second floor. Sometimes, Aaron Burr's ghost will tug on the clothes of guests he particularly likes to prevent them from leaving the inn.
The State Theatre Center for the Arts building dates back to 1925; the façade was retained from an 1873 Northampton National Bank building. The theatre is proud of its paranormal legend, Fred the Ghost. Fred Osterstock managed the company that owned
the theatre from 1936 to 1965. Numerous Fred sightings have been reported. When the theatre was empty, maintenance workers would sometimes glimpse a man at the back of the theatre, just standing, or perhaps entering one of the utility closets. On a few occasions, the police were called and found no one in the building. Once, hair bristled on the necks of dogs they had brought, but nothing was visible to the officers. In 2003, the State Theatre honored FRED by naming the Annual FREDDY AWARDS after him - an awards ceremony that recognizes outstanding achievement in local high school theater.
The Easton Area Public Library was built in 1903 on the site of the German Reformed Cemetery, the oldest graveyard in Easton. This graveyard was the resting place of 514 people. The graves of all but 30 unclaimed people were moved prior to library construction.
Most of these remains were dumped into an underground cement vault, creating an unmarked mass grave. When additions were built onto the main library building, the cement vault was paved over to create a parking lot. With the disturbance of so many remains, it is no wonder that the library is haunted. There have been reports of a female spirit floating around the outside of the library or standing by a window. Library staff and patrons have reported doors slamming shut and opening suddenly, books flying across stacks or thrown off shelves, filing cabinet drawers opening, objects moving around and being left in unusual places, feeling cold hands run through their hair, and being touched on the shoulders.